Brandywine

I'm on to a really good thing at the moment. The very talented knitabulous, has given me a ball of laceweight silk, a copy of the Brandywine pattern, and told me to 'Go for it!'*

Here's the lovely colourway I have to work with.

I'm not sure of it's name, but it's a lovely mushroomy kind of colour. Lightly variegated, but not enough to detract from the pattern (just enough variegation, by my reckoning).

Needless to say, with such scrumptious yarn to work with, it's progressing pretty quickly.



Notice those lifelines ???
Normally I don't bother with lifelines in my lace ... if I find a mistake, I'll usually drop down and reknit the affected stitches ... but, it does affect the tension a little, and knitting this for someone else, I'm a little nervous. So in go the lifelines.

I cast on for this project Wednesday night (3 days ago). There's a lot to be said for project monogamy, it's flying off the needles.

*The finished shawl will be a sample at the Canberra Wool Day in May.

Comments

  1. It is looking very nice so far. I always get nervous knitting for others too as I want it to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ailsa has lovely yarn and beautiful colours. I made brandywine a few weeks ago and found it was a quick knit. Looked good finished.

    I have some wool from her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kate, it's looking amazing. I can't wait (but of course, no rush..!_)

    Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate,
    I was test knitting some sock yarn for Ailsa. You can see the result, the February Baby Sweater here

    Enjoy Brandywine, it's a great knit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts