Appelstroop

So a week or two ago things were just nuts. I was testing 3 or 4 patterns (at once), and all my free time was being spent at the sewing machine (not that I'm complaining).  In the middle of all that, Steph at The Eli Monster put a tester call out. I showed the photo to my work colleague, and she told me that I HAD to apply. Well who was I to argue. I applied, Steph said "yes",  and a short time later Miss 5 was the owner of another absolutely gorgeous dress.

May I introduce The Appelstroop Dress.



Have you seen the back?



There has been a bit of a struggle lately with the process of taking photos of things I have sewn for her.  But not with this dress. It's definitely a hit.



The pattern is available in sizes 18 months to 12 years and is designed for woven fabrics.  Something with a bit of a stiff hand will help with the puffiness (totally a real word) of the skirt.  There is a lot of fabric in that skirt. Pretty good for twirling.



The bodice has a high neckline at the front with a cut-away at the back, and a cute bow to totally ramp things up a notch. I also love the way the waistband sits.



The bodice is lined with a beautifully soft lawn remnant that was sitting in the fabric cupboard.  There are no exposed seams, so no complaints of itching or scratching (always a plus).

The pattern is on sale for it's release, so make sure you head over to The Eli Monster, and get yourself a copy.





Comments

  1. I already said it but I love your version !! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous. I'm a sucker for a nice back in a girls dress. Why must we be going into winter in Australia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Soso. Miss 5 is pretty happy with it. She wore it last Sunday, and again today.
    m2girls, that is frustrating. Luckily our Autumn weather is pretty mild so far. I don't know how much I'd let her wear it mid Summer, it's not particularly sun safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty dress for a gorgeous girl. I need to get my sewing mojo back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts