Christmas Goodies

Here's a little something I whipped up in time for Christmas.


Not for me ... but for someone secret.

The pattern is from one of my Japanese knitting/crochet books.


The only sewing is in the handle (so that it has a double thickness to keep a firm grip).

Specs:
Yarn: 3-4 ply I had in my stash - some Patons, some Shepherd, some Spotlight special.
Hook: 3.25mm
Pattern: no idea as it's all in Japanese.

I've probably said it before, but it's worth repeating. I LOVE Japanese knitting & crochet patterns. Especially crochet. Soooooooo much easier to read that something written out in full.

And just to show you don't want to mess with the ladies of the CWA ... here's the cake mix for 'Christmas Cake #2' (from the CWA cookbook), before I attempted to mix in the flour (that's just a dusting on the top, the rest of the flour is in the sifter to the right).


I managed to cream the butter and sugar in the Kitchenaid (that's its bowl on the left) - but had to transfer to our largest salad bowl to stir in the fruit. It was lucky I decided to HALVE the recipe.

And the finished product ....


The small looking cake at the back is from a standard 20cm tin. Will have to have a taste test this evening.

Comments

Popular Posts