Well Rounded by the Duchess and the Hare

This is the first dress I've sewn up by Duchess & Hare, and it's just gorgeous. I was able to test the latest pattern - the Well Rounded Dress.



The pattern has lots of options to play with:
  • square or rounded neckline
  • collar (or not), or one from the Every Which Way Dress
  • angel sleeve, mid length bishop sleeve or long sleeve with gathered cuff (or some from the Every Which Way Dress)
  • tunic, dress, or dress with ruffle
  • optional bodice ruffle
  • full or part back placket


In this version I've included just about everything - collar, front ruffle, angel sleeves and bottom ruffle. I (still) have a big pile of Christmas fat quarters that I bought on sale a couple of years ago (something like $1 or 50c each), and patterns like this with lots of components are fantastic for combining prints (I did need to buy a longer length of fabric for the skirt).



And the timing is perfect for a Christmas Dress (whether your Christmas is hot or cold - just switch out the sleeves, and adjust the fabric weight). I'm feeling very proud of myself having made this year's dress so far in advance. If I'm up late Christmas Eve, it won't be because I'm sewing this dress.



The pattern includes clear photographed instructions to make the dress. There are cutting charts and pattern pieces for any rectangles (take your pick). And the pattern includes layers to help print off just the size you want (unless you want to print them all and trace the pattern of).



I totally love the aesthetic of this and the other Duchess & Hare patterns. Vintage styling, but totally wearable by 'modern' kids.




The Well Rounded Dress (and all the Duchess & Hare shop) is on sale, at 40% off until Midnight Monday 27th November (PST).



Comments

Popular Posts